21 Jul 2013

pbb muffins

(is pb cheating on J?!)

I keep telling myself every other day that I should probably stop baking up a storm so frequently (seeing that what I bake are overly sweet and probably will cause me to go into a cardiac arrest faster than eating macs every other week)

But... I just can't resist baking muffins!? They're so fuss-free and I can bake a lot in one batch and eat it as breakfast for the rest of my week (that's if they lasted that long at home)

I wasn't even intending to bake this weekend at all but my itchy hands (and mouth) bought a bunch of bananas after driving lessons the other day and so my very itchy hands ended up baking these and something else (which involves chocolate chips too!)

My photos never come out looking all that great because I can't be bothered to find 'props' to lay around. I mean, come on, when you're drenched in sweat (thank god for the fan in the kitchen) and still have so much washing up to do, all you'd want to do is to savour your end product, feel good and proud then clean up the mess that you just created.

Plus I think I'm not so good with working with light either. I'm the best at creating big messes.

Now I have about 20 over muffins sitting in the kitchen waiting for someone to devour it (me) and feeling guilty about not preparing for my assessment tomorrow. It just irks me that I've got to be dressed formally tomorrow and trust me, I don't work well with walking in heels all day.

This recipe called for 2 bananas but because I was left with 3 bananas (my family ate them all) for 2 different recipes (the other calling for 3!!!) so I just split the mashed bananas into two.


These muffins are moist, but can make you feel reaaaaaaal thirsty because of the peanut butter, but I'd say, overall it's all good! I didn't follow the recipe with exact measurements because I was left with a tiny bit of peanut butter and I just used up whatever I had.


Recipe:
(Makes 12 muffins)

Ingredients:
120ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
100g granulated sugar
2 bananas (ripe & mashed)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (I'm sure chunky PB will work as well too)
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 200Âșc 
1. Mix your flour, baking powder and salt together, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and bananas together.
3. Combine (dump) dry ingredients (from step 1) together with the mixture, be careful not to overmix
4. Divide your batter into your muffin tins and bake for 15-18 mins (mine was in the oven for 18 minutes), until a skewer comes out clean.

Enjoy and voila! So easy!

(Might make a cream cheese chocolate cake sometime - so much cream cheese in the fridge waiting to rot) 


No comments:

Post a Comment