26 Apr 2013

Choc chip muffins

I am honestly suspicious of my existence on this Earth. I am the worst kind of girl around. 
I like painting my nails, baking and doing what a typical girl would do. 
But unfortunately I dress like a man - buying men's clothes because I don't have a bf to steal clothes from
I must've been very confused during puberty. 


After a long long hiatus of my mom's awesome chocolate chips muffins, I finally made them today and turns out she goes by the cheater way of using premix. Boo!!!

But it's delicious. And easy. 
Still in the midst of convincing my mom to get the built-in oven so I can bake more tasty things for friends and family. Mainly myself, included. If I had baked these with the hugeass oven, the outcome would be even prettier, and too bad I'm saving my kachings for my camera, else I'd be getting an oven.

Now my brothers are helping me too so....fingers crossed! 

Despite the weird burnt parts on some of them, they all turned out what it used to taste like so I'm very very satisfied. Who says you can't bake with a pathetic tiny toaster oven? Hmm? 

Ingredients:
Muffin mix - 500g (I got mine from Phoon Huat - Golden muffin mix)
Vegetable oil - 140g 
Milk - 112g
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp (My mom says 2 tbsp is enough unless you want it really dark then add more)
4 eggs 
Chocolate chips 

Recipe:
- Just dump all into a bowl except for the chocolate chips, mix well (preferably with a mixer but you can always use manual labor. I salute you if you do)
- Pour the mix into cupcake liners in a muffin tray. 
- Sprinkle chocolate chips - there's no such thing as 'too much' chocolate chips.
- I honestly don't know how long it took because every batch took about 20 minutes and due to it being a toaster oven there's no preheating involved. Just bake it till it rises, looks brown and your skewer comes out clean, I guess. :| 

IT IS SO EASY!! It's very idiot proof, really. 
I'm going to try using other ingredients sometime. But first, let me figure a way to make some bailey's cupcakes. And get a proper oven.

P/S: I'm sorry if you're a foreign reader and you can't find muffin mix because I never knew such muffin mix existed until my mom shed light on me yesterday night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment